Win $500 for college by entering the EK Insurance Scholarship video essay contest. Pick your insurance topic from the choices provided and start recording!
Win $500 For College
If you are a college student (or college bound) and looking for ways to pay for the costs of attending your school - EK Insurance wants to help you.
One amazing video essay will be chosen as the winner and the student will be awarded $500 for college.
To apply for the EK Insurance Scholarship: Pick Your Topic - Choose from one of the three topics below to record about:
Video Essay Topics
1) Daycare / Childcare Insurance - If I run an in-home or commercial daycare, why do I need business insurance and what coverages should I have to protect myself?
2) Flood Insurance - Most people and business don't purchase flood insurance unless their mortgage company require it. Should individuals and business buy flood insurance on their own without being required by their loan company, and why?
3) Earthquake Insurance - Standard homeowners insurance and commercial property insurance do not pay for any damage from earthquakes. Even though earthquakes present a serious threat in several states, many people and business do not buy this insurance coverage - why should they?
How To Enter
CHOOSE YOUR TOPIC: Consider the video essay options about insurance risk to decide which appeals to you. Once you've made your choice, research the topic and make a video of at least 60 seconds, answering your chosen topic.
SEND US YOUR VIDEO ESSAY: When you complete your video, attach it to your entry using the web form below. Video essays will be judged by our staff.
WIN THE PRIZE: If your video essay is judged the best by our panel, you'll receive a $500 EK Insurance Scholarship to help with your college tuition.
Please note we receive hundreds of applications so please look to this page to see the winner sometime after February 1st.
Official Rules for the 2018 EK Insurance Scholarship:
Video Essay Post Criteria
The subject matter for video essay entries must pertain to one of the following topics:
- Daycare / Childcare Insurance - If I run an in-home or commercial daycare, why do I need business insurance and what coverages should I have to protect myself?
- Flood Insurance - Most people and business don't purchase flood insurance unless their mortgage company require it. Should individuals and business buy flood insurance on their own without being required by their loan company, and why?
- Earthquake Insurance - Standard homeowners insurance and commercial property insurance do not pay for any damage from earthquakes. Even though earthquakes present a serious threat in several states, many people and business do not buy this insurance coverage - why should they?
Videos must be at least 60 seconds in length and be properly submitted no later than 9 p.m. EST December 30, 2018. All essays must be submitted online using the submission form on this page.
Applicant Eligibility - All applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent legal residents of the United States.
Academic Requirements - All applicants must be a student enrolled during the 2018-2019 academic year on a full-time basis and in good academic standing at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university or in an accredited graduate school program.
Description of Funds - One (1) applicant (the "recipient") will receive a one-time $500 scholarship to be applied to qualified college or graduate school expenses (including tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board) for the 2018-2018 academic year. Funds are provided by EK Insurance LLC (the "Company"), and will be made payable directly via mail to the accredited or university last designated by the recipient after January 1, 2018.
Recipient Selection and Announcements - After the December 30, 2018, deadline, the recipient will be selected by a team of judges following review of all entries received prior to the deadline. Entries are judged on creativity and insight, writing quality, and research quality and veracity. The recipient will be notified directly by the Company by email at the email address provided by the recipient upon submission of his/her entry. Judges will include the Company's Principal and COO. If the recipient is disqualified or fails to contact Company within 24 hours of being notified of the results, Company reserves the right to determine an alternate recipient or not to award the scholarship, in its sole discretion.
College/University Approval - Each applicant's designated institution must be accredited and listed on the official website of the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants attending military academies are ineligible for this scholarship. All school transfers are subject to accreditation approval.
Responsibilities of Applicants/Recipients - By participating in this program, each applicant expressly:
- Releases the Company and its employees and agents from any liability or claim of any kind or nature for any loss, claim, damages, or injury of any kind associated with participation in the program and acceptance, possession or use of any prize;
- Accepts and agrees to be bound by these rules and Company's decisions relating to participation in the program, selection of recipients, and awarding of scholarships, all such decisions being final; and
- Agrees that Delaware law governs this program without regard to conflicts of law principles, and consents to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state, and local courts of Kent County, Delaware, for the resolution of all disputes pertaining to or arising from this program.
The recipient must complete an affidavit of eligibility and release (to be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian, if the recipient is a minor), on forms to be provided by the Company. The recipient must be actively enrolled full-time as a freshman, sophomore, junior, senior or grad student in the fall semester of 2018 and for the entire academic year without interruption, barring illness, emergency or military service.
It is the recipient's responsibility to verify receipt of funds with his/her designated institution and notify the Company should the award check not arrive on or about 30 days from the issue date. By entering, each applicant represents that his/her submission is a work of the applicant's own original authorship. Any information collected from our users will not be sold, shared, or rented to others. The Company reserves the right to disqualify any entry for any reason, including without limitation: materials not suitable for general public viewing; obscene, lewd or offensive materials; the use of third party content or other materials not authored by the applicant; and materials previously published or entered into any other competition. The Company is not responsible for lost, late, damaged or illegible submissions, faulty transmissions, or submissions containing any virus or other system malfunction. Judges' decisions are final.
Any taxes are recipient's responsibility. The Company reserves the right to alter, discontinue or cancel this program at any time without notice for any reason, including in the event of fewer than 20 applicants. Only one entry per person will be accepted.
Sponsor: EK Insurance LLC