Learn about Public Administration - NAICS Code 92 - For Commercial Insurance. Insurance companies use NAICS codes to classify your industry and calculate your premiums. See all the six digit codes that fall under this primary NAICS class code for business insurance underwriting and cost purposes.
Public Administration - NAICS Code 92 - For Commercial Insurance
What's the best way to describe your company's business operations? Are you involved in the Public Administration industry?
If so, then your business classification falls under Public Administration - NAICS Code 92 - For Commercial Insurance. Insurance companies use NAICS codes to identify customers by industry code.
The NAICS sector code is a six digit number: the first two digits designate the largest business sector, the third digit designates the subsector, the fourth digit designates the industry group, and the fifth digit designates particular industries. The last digit designates national industries.
Sector 92 - Public Administration - NAICS Manual
The Public Administration sector consists of establishments of federal, state, and local government agencies that administer, oversee, and manage public programs and have executive, legislative, or judicial authority over other institutions within a given area. These agencies also set policy, create laws, adjudicate civil and criminal legal cases, and provide for public safety and for national defense. In general, government establishments in the Public Administration sector oversee governmental programs and activities that are not performed by private establishments.
Establishments in this sector typically are engaged in the organization and financing of the production of public goods and services, most of which are provided for free or at prices that are not economically significant.
Government establishments also engage in a wide range of productive activities covering not only public goods and services but also individual goods and services similar to those produced in sectors typically identified with private-sector establishments. In general, ownership is not a criterion for classification in NAICS. Therefore, government establishments engaged in the production of private-sector-like goods and services should be classified in the same industry as private-sector establishments engaged in similar activities.
As a practical matter, it is difficult to identify separate establishment detail for many government agencies. To the extent that separate establishment records are available, the administration of governmental programs is classified in Sector 92, Public Administration, while the operation of governmental programs is classified elsewhere in NAICS based on the activities performed. For example, the governmental administrative authority for an airport is classified in Industry 92612, Regulation and Administration of Transportation Programs, while operating the airport is classified in Industry 48811, Airport Operations. When separate records for multi-establishment companies are not available to distinguish between the administration of a governmental program and the operation of it, the establishment is classified in Sector 92, Public Administration.
Examples of government-provided goods and services that are classified in sectors other than Public Administration include: schools, classified in Sector 61, Educational Services; hospitals, classified in Subsector 622, Hospitals; establishments operating transportation facilities, classified in Sector 48-49, Transportation and Warehousing; the operation of utilities, classified in Sector 22, Utilities; and the Government Printing Office, classified in Subsector 323, Printing and Related Support Activities.
How NAICS Classifications Effects Your Commercial Insurance Cost
But how does your Public Administration - NAICS Code 92 - For Commercial Insurance classification affect your premiums and insurance cost? Insurance companies selling commercial insurance use NAICS codes in many ways - to analyze and classify the businesses they insure, or choose not insure. Some small business NAICS code classifications can result in you paying higher premiums for your business insurance. It is important that your business is classified properly.
Industry codes help insurers with several analytical processes involving marketing, underwriting, exclusions, loss control, forms, pricing and other operations. Let's look at some of the the NAICS codes under your classification.
Following is a list of all the codes and titles. If the title is linked you can drill down for more information:
- 921110 Executive Offices
- 921120 Legislative Bodies
- 921130 Public Finance Activities
- 921140 Executive and Legislative Offices, Combined
- 921150 American Indian and Alaska Native Tribal Governments
- 921190 Other General Government Support
- 922110 Courts
- 922120 Police Protection
- 922130 Legal Counsel and Prosecution
- 922140 Correctional Institutions
- 922150 Parole Offices and Probation Offices
- 922160 Fire Protection
- 922190 Other Justice, Public Order, and Safety Activities
- 923110 Administration of Education Programs
- 923120 Administration of Public Health Programs
- 923130 Administration of Human Resource Programs (except Education, Public Health, and Veterans' Affairs Programs)
- 923140 Administration of Veterans' Affairs
- 924110 Administration of Air and Water Resource and Solid Waste Management Programs
- 924120 Administration of Conservation Programs
- 925110 Administration of Housing Programs
- 925120 Administration of Urban Planning and Community and Rural Development
- 926110 Administration of General Economic Programs
- 926120 Regulation and Administration of Transportation Programs
- 926130 Regulation and Administration of Communications, Electric, Gas, and Other Utilities
- 926140 Regulation of Agricultural Marketing and Commodities
- 926150 Regulation, Licensing, and Inspection of Miscellaneous Commercial Sectors
- 927110 Space Research and Technology
- 928110 National Security
- 928120 International Affairs
Public Administration - NAICS Code 92 - For Commercial Insurance
We hope this information on Public Administration - NAICS Code 92 - For Commercial Insurance has been helpful. Your classification determines how much you pay for your commercial insurance and much more.
More NAICS Sector Codes
- Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting - 11
- Mining - 21
- Utilities - 22
- Construction - 23
- Manufacturing - 31-33
- Wholesale Trade - 42
- Transportation and Warehousing - 48-49
- Information - 51
- Finance and Insurance - 52
- Real Estate Rental and Leasing - 53
- Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services - 54
- Management of Companies and Enterprises - 55
- Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services - 56
- Educational Services - 61
- Health Care and Social Assistance - 62
- Arts, Entertainment, and Recreation - 71
- Accommodation and Food Services - 72
- Other Services (except Public Administration) - 81
- Public Administration - 92