Learn about Other Services (except Public Administration) – NAICS Code 81 – For Commercial Insurance. Insurance companies use NAICS codes to classify your industry and calculate your premiums. See all the six digit codes that fall under this primary NAICS class code for business insurance underwriting and cost purposes.
Other Services (except Public Administration) – NAICS Code 81
What’s the best way to describe your company’s business operations? Are you involved in the Other Services (except Public Administration) industry?
If so, then your business classification falls under Other Services (except Public Administration) – NAICS Code 81 – For Commercial Insurance. Insurance companies use NAICS codes to identify customers by industry code.
The NAICS sector code is a six digit number: the first two digits designate the largest business sector, the third digit designates the subsector, the fourth digit designates the industry group, and the fifth digit designates particular industries. The last digit designates national industries.
Sector 81 – Other Services (except Public Administration) – NAICS Manual
The Other Services (except Public Administration) sector comprises establishments engaged in providing services not specifically provided for elsewhere in the classification system. Establishments in this sector are primarily engaged in activities such as equipment and machinery repairing, promoting or administering religious activities, grantmaking, advocacy, and providing drycleaning and laundry services, personal care services, death care services, pet care services, photofinishing services, temporary parking services, and dating services.
Private households that engage in employing workers on or about the premises in activities primarily concerned with the operation of the household are included in this sector.
Excluded from this sector are establishments primarily engaged in retailing new equipment and also performing repairs and general maintenance on equipment. These establishments are classified in Sector 44-45, Retail Trade.
How NAICS Classifications Effects Your Commercial Insurance Cost
But how does your Other Services (except Public Administration) – NAICS Code 81 – For Commercial Insurance classification affect your premiums and insurance cost? Insurance companies selling commercial insurance use NAICS codes in many ways – to analyze and classify the businesses they insure, or choose not insure. Some small business NAICS code classifications can result in you paying higher premiums for your business insurance. It is important that your business is classified properly.
Industry codes help insurers with several analytical processes involving marketing, underwriting, exclusions, loss control, forms, pricing and other operations. Let’s look at some of the the NAICS codes under your classification.
Following is a list of all the codes and titles. If the title is linked you can drill down for more information:
- 811111 General Automotive Repair
- 811112 Automotive Exhaust System Repair
- 811113 Automotive Transmission Repair
- 811118 Other Automotive Mechanical and Electrical Repair and Maintenance
- 811121 Automotive Body, Paint, and Interior Repair and Maintenance
- 811122 Automotive Glass Replacement Shops
- 811191 Automotive Oil Change and Lubrication Shops
- 811192 Car Washes
- 811198 All Other Automotive Repair and Maintenance
- 811211 Consumer Electronics Repair and Maintenance
- 811212 Computer and Office Machine Repair and Maintenance
- 811213 Communication Equipment Repair and Maintenance
- 811219 Other Electronic and Precision Equipment Repair and Maintenance
- 811310 Commercial and Industrial Machinery and Equipment (except Automotive and Electronic) Repair and Maintenance
- 811411 Home and Garden Equipment Repair and Maintenance
- 811412 Appliance Repair and Maintenance
- 811420 Reupholstery and Furniture Repair
- 811430 Footwear and Leather Goods Repair
- 811490 Other Personal and Household Goods Repair and Maintenance
- 812111 Barber Shops
- 812112 Beauty Salons
- 812113 Nail Salons
- 812191 Diet and Weight Reducing Centers
- 812199 Other Personal Care Services
- 812210 Funeral Homes and Funeral Services
- 812220 Cemeteries and Crematories
- 812310 Coin-Operated Laundries and Drycleaners
- 812320 Drycleaning and Laundry Services (except Coin-Operated)
- 812331 Linen Supply
- 812332 Industrial Launderers
- 812910 Pet Care (except Veterinary) Services
- 812921 Photofinishing Laboratories (except One-Hour)
- 812922 One-Hour Photofinishing
- 812930 Parking Lots and Garages
- 812990 All Other Personal Services
- 813110 Religious Organizations
- 813211 Grantmaking Foundations
- 813212 Voluntary Health Organizations
- 813219 Other Grantmaking and Giving Services
- 813311 Human Rights Organizations
- 813312 Environment, Conservation and Wildlife Organizations
- 813319 Other Social Advocacy Organizations
- 813410 Civic and Social Organizations
- 813910 Business Associations
- 813920 Professional Organizations
- 813930 Labor Unions and Similar Labor Organizations
- 813940 Political Organizations
- 813990 Other Similar Organizations (except Business, Professional, Labor, and Political Organizations)
- 814110 Private Households
Other Services (except Public Administration) – NAICS Code 81 – For Commercial Insurance
We hope this information on Other Services (except Public Administration) – NAICS Code 81 – For Commercial Insurance has been helpful. Your classification determines how much you pay for your commercial insurance and much more.