Learn about Health Care and Social Assistance – NAICS Code 62 – For Commercial Insurance. Insurance companies use NAICS codes to classify your industry and calculate your premiums. See all the six digit codes that fall under this primary NAICS class code for business insurance underwriting and cost purposes.
Health Care and Social Assistance – NAICS Code 62
What’s the best way to describe your company’s business operations? Are you involved in the Health Care and Social Assistance industry?
If so, then your business classification falls under Health Care and Social Assistance – NAICS Code 62 – For Commercial Insurance. Insurance companies use NAICS codes to identify customers by industry code.
The NAICS sector code is a six digit number: the first two digits designate the largest business sector, the third digit designates the subsector, the fourth digit designates the industry group, and the fifth digit designates particular industries. The last digit designates national industries.
Sector 62 – Health Care and Social Assistance – NAICS Manual
The Health Care and Social Assistance sector comprises establishments providing health care and social assistance for individuals. The sector includes both health care and social assistance because it is sometimes difficult to distinguish between the boundaries of these two activities. The industries in this sector are arranged on a continuum starting with establishments providing medical care exclusively, continuing with those providing health care and social assistance, and finally finishing with those providing only social assistance.
Establishments in this sector deliver services by trained professionals. All industries in the sector share this commonality of process, namely, labor inputs of health practitioners or social workers with the requisite expertise. Many of the industries in the sector are defined based on the educational degree held by the practitioners included in the industry.
Excluded from this sector are aerobic classes in Subsector 713, Amusement, Gambling, and Recreation Industries, and non-medical diet and weight reducing centers in Subsector 812, Personal and Laundry Services. Although these can be viewed as health services, these services are not typically delivered by health practitioners.
How NAICS Classifications Effects Your Commercial Insurance Cost
But how does your Health Care and Social Assistance – NAICS Code 62 – For Commercial Insurance classification affect your premiums and insurance cost? Insurance companies selling commercial insurance use NAICS codes in many ways – to analyze and classify the businesses they insure, or choose not insure. Some small business NAICS code classifications can result in you paying higher premiums for your business insurance. It is important that your business is classified properly.
Industry codes help insurers with several analytical processes involving marketing, underwriting, exclusions, loss control, forms, pricing and other operations. Let’s look at some of the the NAICS codes under your classification.
Following is a list of all the codes and titles. If the title is linked you can drill down for more information:
- 621111 Offices of Physicians (except Mental Health Specialists)
- 621112 Offices of Physicians, Mental Health Specialists
- 621210 Offices of Dentists
- 621310 Offices of Chiropractors
- 621320 Offices of Optometrists
- 621330 Offices of Mental Health Practitioners (except Physicians)
- 621340 Offices of Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists, and Audiologists
- 621391 Offices of Podiatrists
- 621399 Offices of All Other Miscellaneous Health Practitioners
- 621410 Family Planning Centers
- 621420 Outpatient Mental Health and Substance Abuse Centers
- 621491 HMO Medical Centers
- 621492 Kidney Dialysis Centers
- 621493 Freestanding Ambulatory Surgical and Emergency Centers
- 621498 All Other Outpatient Care Centers
- 621511 Medical Laboratories
- 621512 Diagnostic Imaging Centers
- 621610 Home Health Care Services
- 621910 Ambulance Services
- 621991 Blood and Organ Banks
- 621999 All Other Miscellaneous Ambulatory Health Care Services
- 622110 General Medical and Surgical Hospitals
- 622210 Psychiatric and Substance Abuse Hospitals
- 622310 Specialty (except Psychiatric and Substance Abuse) Hospitals
- 623110 Nursing Care Facilities (Skilled Nursing Facilities)
- 623210 Residential Intellectual and Developmental Disability Facilities
- 623220 Residential Mental Health and Substance Abuse Facilities
- 623311 Continuing Care Retirement Communities
- 623312 Assisted Living Facilities for the Elderly
- 623990 Other Residential Care Facilities
- 624110 Child and Youth Services
- 624120 Services for the Elderly and Persons with Disabilities
- 624190 Other Individual and Family Services
- 624210 Community Food Services
- 624221 Temporary Shelters
- 624229 Other Community Housing Services
- 624230 Emergency and Other Relief Services
- 624310 Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- 624410 Child Day Care Services
Health Care and Social Assistance – NAICS Code 62 – For Commercial Insurance
We hope this information on Health Care and Social Assistance – NAICS Code 62 – For Commercial Insurance has been helpful. Your classification determines how much you pay for your commercial insurance and much more.