5 minutes is all it takes to fill out the in-home or commercial daycare & childcare insurance quote form to find out how much your child care business insurance cost will be. Get comprehensive insurance coverage from A+ rated specialty commercial and home daycare insurers."
Daycare And Childcare Insurance Quote Form Information
Child care insurance is a specific type of business insurance that is designed to meet the unique needs of in-home and commercial daycare providers.
IMPORTANT: If you operate an in-home child care business, please note that virtually all homeowners insurance policies specifically exclude coverage for any type of daycare business operation. This means you must buy insurance protection for your child care business under a separate commercial insurance policy.
We are able to help both licensed and unlicensed in-home and commercial center providers.
Daycare And Childcare Insurance Quote Form
Please fill out the Daycare And Childcare Insurance Quote Form to find out the cost of your policy:
Who Needs Childcare & Daycare Insurance?
Whether you operate an in-home daycare business, or have an established commercial child care center - you will want to consider daycare insurance. In many cases, this coverage is required - either by the state regulatory authority or a landlord.
Get a daycare & childcare insurance quote. Childcare centers and nursery schools are almost always required to carry daycare liability insurance in order to be licensed by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), and most states require this licensure in order for the businesses to legally operate. While the DHHS has very strict guidelines that your child care business must follow, your insurance company may have even more strict requirements to help reduce risk - that will have an affect your daycare insurance premium. These requirements are put in place to limit your exposure to liability lawsuits and reduce the chance your insurer will have to pay claim. Common requirements may include:
- All exit signs in working order.
- All electric outlets covered.
- Facility has more than one means of egress (exit).
- No home-made play equipment.
- All cubbies and bookcases over 24 inches are affixed to a wall or floor
- Children are not left exclusively with caregivers under the age of 18 or with volunteers that have not had a background check.
- Children are not left unsupervised at any time (including nap time).
- Equip/furnish all doors where children have access with door finger guards/pinch shields to reduce risk of injury to children. The door finger guards/pinch shields should be permanently installed on the hinge side of the door and kept in place at all times.
- No medications are dispensed without the parent's/guardian's and physician's (when required) written consent and instruction, and a log is kept of medicine administration.
Childcare & Daycare Insurance Quote - The Bottom Line
When you start your childcare business, be sure you familiarize yourself with the requirements in your state and municipality. After you've determined what the structure of your business is (sole proprietor, LLC, corporation, partnership etc.) and how many children and of what age you want your capacity to ben, it's time to consider daycare insurance coverage.
When you apply for permits and register your childcare business with your state government (if you are so requires) you will need to find the best fit coverage that meets your needs. Simply fill out the in-home or commercial daycare & childcare insurance quote form on this page to find out what your premium cost will be.
Further Reading On Daycare Insurance
- Commercial Daycare Insurance
- Daycare And Childcare Insurance Quote
- How Much Does It Cost To Insure A Daycare?
- Unlicensed Daycare Insurance
- What Does Daycare Liability Insurance Cover?
Insurance Classification Of Daycares
Insurers classify childcare businesses using several coding systems. You can wind up paying more for your insurance if your childcare is not properly classified - like an in-home daycare being coded as a commercial center. Below are the three most commonly used coding systems for commercial daycare insurance:
- ISO General Liability Codes: 41715, 41716
- NAICS CODE: 624410 Child Day Care Services
- SIC CODE: 8351 Child Day Care Services
- Suggested Workers Compensation Code: 8869
SIC Code 8351 - Child Day Care Services
Here is the official OSHA SIC code description for daycare:
Establishments primarily engaged in the care of infants or children, or in providing prekindergarten education, where medical care or delinquency correction is not a major element. These establishments may or may not have substantial educational programs. These establishments generally care for prekindergarten or preschool children, but may care for older children when they are not in school. Establishments providing babysitting services are classified in Industry 7299. Head Start centers operating in conjunction with elementary schools are classified in Industry 8211.
- Child care centers
- Day care centers, child
- Group day care centers, child
- Head Start centers, except in conjunction with schools
- Nursery schools
- Preschool centers