We make buying Pennsylvania RV insurance fast, easy and affordable. Find the right auto insurance for your lifestyle and budget in PA today.
Pennsylvania RV Insurance
Pennsylvania RV insurance policies are customized to motor home and recreational vehicle owners. They depend on the model and type of vehicle, the array of uses, and include liabilities specific to the recreational vehicles. The insurance policies distinguish between two main types of RVs: the camper or towable RV and the motor home. We advise you to contact us for a quote customized to your particular situation.
Lenders usually require you to have full coverage Pennsylvania RV insurance if you have financed your RV. In case that your recreational vehicle is rented it might be already covered through your auto insurance – but regardless of that the rental company will probably ask you to buy insurance. Specialty Pennsylvania RV insurance policies can include many features that are worth considering if you are using your motor home full-time, have custom add-ons, or have any risk of loss with belongings. When shopping for PA RV insurance, here are some items to consider:
- Total Loss Replacement – this type of coverage is usually available only on a new recreational vehicle up to one year old.
- Custom Equipment and Modifications – this type of coverage is vital for those who have custom add-ons on their RV, such as custom cabinets, solar panels, upgraded water filtration systems, or additional batteries.
- Vacation Liability Coverage – this is usually part of the full coverage Pennsylvania RV insurance policies and includes a set limit of ten thousand dollars. This costs associated with property damage or injury in case that an accident happens while you use the recreational vehicle as a temporary vacation residence.
- RV Roadside Assistance – this is will provide you a network of service and repair facilities that can help with mechanical issues or if you get trapped in sand, snow, or mud.
The Pennsylvania RV insurance rates depend on several factors:
- Storage Location – In certain states and locations the risk for hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, woods fire, or earthquake is higher. The same goes for the crime rates. For this reason, your insurance rate will depends on the location where you store your RV when it is not in use.
- Type of Use – Recreational vs. Full-Timer: You will need a different insurance policy in case that you plan to live in your motor home full-time.
- Membership In RV Association – A membership in an recreational vehicle association can help you earn a discount on the insurance rates.
- Multiple Policy Discount – You may be benefit from a multiple-policy discount in case you have more insurance policies with the same company.
- Deductible Options – If you have a higher deductible you may get lower insurance rates.
- Type of Unit – The insurance rate for a class A motor home is different than for a class C.
- Previous RV Ownership – In case that you have previous recreational vehicle driving experience you may be eligible for discounts on your insurance rate.
- Age – For older RV drivers the insurance rate might be lower.
- Driving History – If you have a good driving history with non-recreational vehicles you may be eligible for a discount on your recreational vehicle insurance rate.
- Insurance Claims History – If you filed claims your insurance rate might go higher.
- Home Ownership Discounts – Owning a home can lower your recreational vehicle insurance costs because the insurance company will see that you are not a full timer.
- Marital Status – Your marital status also affects your insurance rates.
- Your Credit Rating – A good credit rating may help you decrease your Pennsylvania RV insurance rates.
Pennsylvania RV Insurance
At Ekinsurance, we will make sure you have the legal amounts of Pennsylvania RV insurance to comply with the PA state laws. We can also recommend other options that offer more protection than the state minimums. We always take into consideration how much your recreational vehicle is worth and recommend insurance that will protect your income and assets if you are found at fault for an accident and sued.
There are many factors to consider while shopping for Pennsylvania RV insurance. Our agents will be happy to go over all of your options and recommend the best recreational vehicle insurance policy for your needs and budget. PA drivers should give us a call today at (800) 821-2436, or fill out the form on this page for a free, no obligation PA RV insurance quote.