We make buying Pennsylvania home insurance fast, easy and affordable. Find the right homeowners insurance for your lifestyle and budget in PA today.
Pennsylvania Home Insurance
A significant portion of our lives are spent in and around our homes, be it owned or rented. For most of us it is the largest investment we ever make. We fill it with the belongings we amass during our lifetime. Any loss, therefore, is devastating, and so it is important that you protect it. The best way to do this is with Pennsylvania home insurance.
Choosing the right Pennsylvania home insurance can be difficult as this type of insurance usually has a number of exclusions and limitations. Your premiums can differ from homeowner to homeowner, depending on the risks to which your home is exposed. In this day and age where every penny saved is important, here are some simple ways to lower your risks so that you pay lower premiums:
- Install a smoke detector that is UL-approved on every floor of your home. Make sure that the batteries are working properly, so replace them on a regular basis. Try scheduling battery changes on your birthday so that you don’t forget this important task. This helps save premiums on Pennsylvania home insurance.
- Have a UL-approved fire extinguisher nearby in case of grease fires in the kitchen. Regularly check that its fully charged. A carbon monoxide detector is also a good investment for homeowners.
- Secure access doors with dead-bolt locks. At the same time, install a motion-detector alarm. This will guard against any trespasser with criminal intent.
- You get huge savings on your Pennsylvania home insurance if you install a central burglar and fire alarm.
- To guard against chimney fires, have your chimney, fireplace, and flues cleaned regularly as the damage from this sort of accident can be horrible and messy.
- If your keys are stolen, change your locks immediately. You don’t want to make life easier for a burglar by being careless.
- Virtually every Pennsylvania home insurance policy excludes damage from groundwater and flooding. Guard against this by buying a sump-pump system.
- To prevent damage in case of hurricane or tornado, trim your trees regularly. You should also keep your walkways safe and clear of any obstacles that can cause accidents.
- While a home with a swimming pool is attractive, you have to take some steps to prevent accidents. For one, don’t install a diving board. Many of the accidents happen here. Surround the pool with an approved fence, and install a locking pool cover for good measure. Pools are considered an attractive nuisance, and kids are strongly attracted to them.
- Instead of buying your own trampoline, just enroll in a health club with access to trampoline. You and your children would better enjoy this activity and avoid injuries at the same time.
While the tips above sound simple enough, they help reduce the possibility of an accident. Nonetheless, accidents happen Pennsylvania home insurance can help you get through a financial loss brought about by theft, fire, flood or even vandalism.
Pennsylvania Home Insurance
Every home has different needs, and our helpful agents can guide you through the different products so that you can choose the one that best suits your circumstances. Rest assured that you will get the right coverage for your home at the right price.
If you own a home in PA, let one of our expert agents take a look at your current homeowners insurance policy. In most cases we can save you money and offer you better policy options than you currently may have. Call us today at (800) 821-2436 x1, or fill out the form on this page for more information and a no-obligation quote.