Get Pennsylvania commercial property insurance quotes, cost & coverage fast. Property insurance covers the PA building your business owns or leases and your business personal property, including equipment, tools inventory, & furniture.
PA Business Property Insurance
What if a fire breaks out in your storage room and burns your entire business to the ground? What if a major storm hits and your building's roof blows off, destroying all of your assets? What if someone comes along and decides to spray paint graffiti all over your storefront?
These are just some of the possibilities that could occur when you rent or own a PA commercial property for your business. While you hope that none of these things happen, as the saying goes: hope for the best, but plan for the worst. Pennsylvania commercial property insurance is your best plan in the event that the worst case scenario occurs. This type of insurance coverage protects your business from major financial losses if anything bad happens.
Does My Business Need Pennsylvania Commercial Property Insurance?
Any business owner that has physical assets that are vital for earning revenue should have Pennsylvania commercial property insurance. It is extremely important because it ensures that your business will not suffer large out-of-pocket costs as a result of any damages that may occur from no fault of their own.
What Does Pennsylvania Commercial Property Insurance Cover?
Pennsylvania commercial property insurance is an insurance policy that covers the business property that you lease or own from any damage caused by most natural disasters, fire, theft or vandalism. It also covers your personal property, such as any tools, equipment, inventory, furniture and any other items that you may have within the property. Moreover, this type of insurance policy covers assets, such as accounts receivable and lost income.
There are several things that PA commercial property insurance can cover. Some of the items that are protected under this type of policy include:
- The structure or building
- Your business inventory
- Other peoples' property
- Any furniture and other equipment within the building
- Exterior signs
Business owners can adjust their coverage so that suits their individual needs. For example, they can choose a basic policy, or they can add extra protections to ensure that almost all of the property of their business is protected.
What Pennsylvania Commercial Property Insurance Doesn't Cover
CPennsylvania commercial property insurance typically does not cover:
- PA commercial vehicles.
- Property damage resulting from employee errors.
- Property that was not purchased for business use
- Personal belongings that may be used by the business.
- Amounts beyond the policy limits and property value.
- Intentionally damage caused by the business owner or employees
Types Of PA Business Property Insurance Coverage
When it comes to Pennsylvania commercial property insurance, people who own a business have several options to choose from and can adjust their polices to their needs. However, there are three basic categories of coverage:
- Basic Coverage. A basic commercial insurance policy insures a business against fires, storms, smoke, explosions, and vandalism.
- Broad Coverage. This type of insurance covers everything that basic coverage does, but it also includes damage to glass, water damage, and any damage that is caused by fallen objects.
- All-risk Coverage. This covers everything that basic and broad coverage offer, and it also includes theft, as well as any other direct physical losses.
There are also specific types of Pennsylvania commercial property insurance coverage. Some examples include:
- Ordinance coverage. This will provide you with money for any additional costs that are associated with repairing or rebuilding your structure after it has been damaged in order to ensure that it meets building codes.
- Valuable papers. This offers limited coverage for any valuable papers that your business may record, such as receipts and other documents.
- Extra expenses. With this coverage, you will receive additional money to return your business back to the condition it was in before it was damaged.
- Personal property coverage for employees. If your employees have any personal property on the premises of your business, this coverage will provide money to replace or repair those items if they become damaged.
- Crime coverage. With this coverage, you will be protected from various types of crimes, such as robbery, forgery and theft.
How Much Does Pennsylvania Commercial Property Insurance Cost?
How much does Pennsylvania commercial property insurance cost? The premiums vary depending on the amount of risk exposure, and it depends on the endorsements and deductible selected. The cost of commercial property insurance varies. Following are some of the main factors that go into the price of a policy:
- Construction: How the building was built and its condition. Masonry or brick buildings don't burn as fast as wooden frame.
- Occupancy: Who occupies the building influences the rates. Companies with higher fire risk (like pizza ovens, kilns etc.) can pay more.
- Risk: The insurer will determine an overall risk for the business and building before issuing a rate.
- Location: Insurers look at the location of the business. If it is located in a high-crime neighborhood, then the rates are higher.
- Protection: Things like alarms and sprinkler systems can reduce rates. Proximity to a fire station or fire hydrant also can help reduce costs.
PA Commercial Property Insurance Quotes
Request a Pennsylvania Commercial Property Insurance quote in Allentown, Allison Park, Altoona, Baldwin, Bensalem, Bethel Park, Bethlehem, Bloomsburg, Carlisle, Chambersburg, Chester, Drexel Hill, Easton, Erie, Fullerton, Greensburg, Hanover, Harrisburg, Hazleton, Hermitage, Hershey, Horsham, Indiana, Johnstown, King of Prussia, Lancaster, Lansdale, Lebanon, Levittown, McKeesport, Monroeville, Murrysville, New Castle, Norristown, Philadelphia, Phoenixville, Pittsburgh, Pottstown, Pottsville, Reading, Scranton, State College, Upper Darby, West Chester, West Mifflin, Wilkes-Barre, Wilkinsburg, Williamsport, Willow Grove, York and all other cities in PA.
If you are looking for state specific Commercial Property Insurance insurance quotes, costs and information: California Commercial Property Insurance, Delaware Commercial Property Insurance, Kentucky Commercial Property Insurance, New Jersey Commercial Property Insurance, New York Commercial Property Insurance, Pennsylvania Commercial Property Insurance, Texas Commercial Property Insurance.